Monday, December 3, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars


I love, love, love this book! The first John Green Book I read, and still my favorite, I decided to read it on a whim when I noticed on Amazon that a number of people who enjoyed The Book Thief had also purchased TFiOS. Basically this book is about a sixteen year old girl with terminal cancer who can theoretically keep on living due to an experimental drug she’s taking. She goes to a cancer support group, meets this one-legged cancer survivor named Augusts Waters, and cute/romantic/hilarious/tragic things follow. It sounds like a simple, perhaps even childish story, but it’s so heartfelt and moving, and the characters are just so stinking loveable, that I found this book impossible not to like. Every so often you find a book that is such a surprise to read, such a beautiful humanizing experience, that you become almost evangelical in your zeal to get others to read it. For me, that book is TFiOS. Whether you have to buy, borrow, beg, or steal a copy, everyone owes it to themselves to read this book.

Score: 10/10
Read this book if: You're a human being.
Don't read this book if: You have no soul (JK, Robby!) (But seriously...)

P.S. If you like the books of John Green, I recommend checking out his YouTube Channel, Vlogbrothers.

2 comments:

  1. It's a well known fact that gingers have no soul. This explains so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I guess I have no soul either! (And I'm not even a ginger....Sorry, Robby!)

      Delete